Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They contain potassium, a chemical substance that lowers blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Green leafy vegetables mixed with hemp oil is good for your brain. They are anxiety busters. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. Dark chocolate has more cocoa which contain substances known to relieve stress and induce calmness.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) Liver and other organ meats are a good source of vitamin B. Serotonin production is done by methylation which requires sufficient amount of vitamin B in the body.
9) Eat more oysters to increase your intake of zinc, a chemical necessary for your brain to function normally. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.
Featured post: great post to read